CAMBRIDGE, MA–(Marketwired – Apr 15, 2015) –
Four of the Leading Female Pioneers in Data Science and Big Data:
- Michele Chambers, president and COO of RapidMiner
- Laurie Skelly, Data Scientist at Datascope and curriculum developer and instructor for the Data Science bootcamp at Metis
- Alice Zheng, Director of Data Science at Dato
- Renetta Garrison Tull, Associate Vice Provost for Graduate Student Professional Development & Postdoctoral Affairs at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Cornelia Levy-Bencheton, author of O’Reilly Media’s Report Women in Data: Cutting-Edge Practitioners and Their Views on Critical Skills, Background, and Education interviews four of the leaders profiled in the “Women in Data” report to hear their stories and achievements.
Chambers, Skelly, Zheng and Tull will share their views on:
- The expanding role of the contemporary data scientist
- New attitudes towards women in data among Millennials
- Benefits of the data and STEM fields as a career choice for women
- Much needed and increasingly sought-after remedies for closing the gender gap
WHEN: Thursday, April 16 at 1 PM ET/10 AM PT
WHERE: Register online at: http://bit.ly/1EFVZ9D
WHY: Because helping women achieve leadership positions in data science and STEM related fields is critical
About Michele Chambers
Michele Chambers is an entrepreneurial executive with 25 years of technology experience, and is the President and COO at RapidMiner, the industry’s easiest-to-use Modern Analytics platform. Prior to this position, Chambers held executive leadership roles at database and analytic companies Netezza/IBM, Revolution Analytics and MemSQL. She has been responsible for strategy, sales, marketing, product management, channels and business development. Chambers holds a BS in Computer Engineering from Nova Southeastern University, and an MBA from Duke University.
Michele is the co-author of two books: “Big Data Big Analytics” (Wiley), a book that helps businesses and IT managers/executives understand the value of big data through practical, applied analytic stories along with consumable descriptions of the enabling technology; and “Modern Analytics Methodologies: Driving Business Value with Analytics.”
RapidMiner is the industry’s easiest-to-use Modern Analytics platform that significantly accelerates productivity — from data prep to predictive action — with prebuilt models and one-click deployments. Leveraging its open source heritage, RapidMiner was built by data scientists for data scientists, business analysts and developers. Unlike traditional analytics providers, RapidMiner enables anyone to make the most of all data in all environments, by providing a powerful code-free advantage and the wisdom of over 250,000 users around the world. For more information, visit www.rapidminer.com.