Awards Recognize Local CFOs for Excellence in Finance
BOSTON – July 28, 2014 – Pioneering predictive analytics leader RapidMiner today announced that Andrew Dinsmore won a CFO of the Year Award from the Boston Business Journal in the small private company category. Now in its sixth year, the Boston Business Journal’s CFO of the Year Awards program honored local CFOs who have made a difference in their companies and organizations, during a luncheon on July 24 in Boston. Now RapidMiner’s COO, Dinsmore previously served as the company’s CFO/COO.
While CFO/COO of RapidMiner, Dinsmore applied innovative solutions and thought leadership to address complex financial and operational challenges, and motivated company executives and overall staff to exceed expectations. He also led the successful design and deployment of complex company processes and systems on a global scale.
Most notably, in less than one year, Dinsmore managed the prudent financing and operations of:
- The transformation of RapidMiner from a consulting firm that focused on open source software into a fast-growth, product-centric firm.
- The shipping of the latest major software release of RapidMiner 6.0.
- A $5M Series A funding round, the subsequent hiring of new sales and marketing executives, and funding for new product development.
- The establishment of new worldwide headquarters in Boston and new UK office, while retaining the original offices in Germany for research and development and support for European customers.
- The acquisition of big data analytics leader Radoop, which will allow RapidMiner customers to seamlessly integrate Hadoop implementations.
- Global staff growth from 25 employees to more than 60 employees.
“It’s an honor to be recognized by the Boston Business Journal with a prestigious CFO of the Year Award,” said Dinsmore. “However, RapidMiner’s overall success and sales growth of more than 300 percent year over year is attributable to our entire world-class team, so I’d like to thank them for their hard work and dedication to making RapidMiner a leader in the advanced analytics market.”
“Andrew exemplifies the hard work, dedication, and innovation that is found throughout RapidMiner,” said CEO Ingo Mierswa. “His extraordinary work over three particular quarters of rapid growth was key to our progress, and to a foundation for the next phases of what is likely even more rapid growth.”
Pioneering predictive analytics leader RapidMiner is redefining how business analysts use all kinds of data, including big data, to predict the future. With an open source heritage, RapidMiner is one of today’s most widely known and used analytics platforms, providing powerful solutions for a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.rapidminer.com.
# # #